Rules and Regulations on board. Revised to be generic towards any events planned for the future. Must be read and abide by in order to play. If you do not agree, do not play. This post is your agreement to the terms and conditions of Nerf Wars. Playing in Nerf Wars with The Arena LLC is your agreement to the terms and conditions. If you have a future event with us, please fill out the form below.
We are providing blasters, ammo and field items. You may bring your own Nerf blasters according to the rule #4. I, we and or us will not be responsible for your child's injuries.
Melee weapon rules: Melee weapons are secondary weapons but cannot be thrown except for the hatchet. Those that do throw the hatchet cannot throw it at the young players, nor can any hits to the face or head be a target. If you do, you will be out for the round or maybe the whole game if it was intentional.
Live Recording: We may have a video recorder/camera recording our plays for promotional and/or commercial use. Playing with us consents that you are letting us take photos and videos of said events and let us use it for promotional and/or commericial use. If you are a parent and want footage of said event, please email us at: email@example.com to get a dropbox link to the event. Please include date and whose party it was for confirmation.
Here are the requirements for the kids to play:
1. Kids must wear t-shirt, any shorts/pants(preferably with pockets to hold ammo/clips) and shoes. Would be preferable to wear padded clothing to slide in. No slippers allowed. Shoes only.
2. Kids must wear eye protection while on the field. If they have eye glasses, it should be fine but please get them the sports strap to keep it on they're heads while running.
3. Please bring a drink and/or snacks.
4. Do not bring ammo, unless you are donating to the cause(Elite darts only). Please make sure to tell us what guns they are bringing so that we don't accidentally take their blasters.
5. If the kid(s) has allergies, please make sure he/she brings medicine in-case of emergencies.
6. Only Nerf blasters are acceptable in our events. You may not bring BoomCo, BuzzBee or any other brand name guns into our events. These guns are not compatible with the darts that we use. If you modify your gun, you must get it certified by the Referees. If you have a gun that is over 90fps, you may not use it in our events.*
7. No throwing, dropping equipment/darts and no hiding ammo crates. Put all equipment used back on staging area when you are done using it. Do not leave our equipment on the field.
8. No negative attitudes. Acting mad and crying will lead to a penalty and you will sit out till the next game.
9. Do not aim at anyone's face. Glasses must be worn upon entering the field. No Headhunting. Accidental shots to the head during play is okay as long if you apologize. Intentional shots will get you banned.
10. If you are hit, you must get off the field by walking to the sides or to the front/back of the field. If you do not follow this, you will be penalized and use a secondary blaster only for the next game. If we say you are out, you are out. Do not fight back with Referees, we are the final call.
11. Kids must be old enough to follow rules/regulations and must be able to prime the smallest blaster. Players must be at least 5 years old to play.
12. No swearing, racism, name calling, bullying or taunting of other players. Respect each other.
13. No physical contact with anyone. Foam Melee hits may not be targeted at the head. Pushing, Punching, Kicking, Grabbing, Pulling anyone is grounds for banishment. Do not hurt others, we are all here to have fun.
14. Do not hoard equipment on to the field. Hoarding is forbidden and can be dangerous. Put all equipment used back in staging area. We do not want others tripping or breaking our equipment that was left on the ground. Failure to do so will force the player to use a secondary blaster only for the next game.
Make sure your kids know these rules.
To all Older Players (Rules to kids apply to adults as well):
1. No swearing at anytime. If you swear you will apologize to everyone. 2ND offense and you will be banned. NO TOLERANCE!
2. No physical contact (except Foam melee) at anytime. Any physical contact will lead to banishment from the game. No grabbing, pushing, pulling, carrying anyone. Fighting is forbidden. NO TOLERANCE!
3. No cheating and no lying. We are here to let the kids have fun and enjoy the sport. If you got shot, raise your hand and walk off the field. If you shot someone, make sure they know they are out before you continue to play on. Call out the person's name then say OUT!
4. Wear comfortable clothes (with pockets to hold mags/ammo) but make sure you have shoes and eye protection. No tank tops or wife beaters. Look good for the camera!
5. No throwing equipment. You break it, you buy it.
6. If you are bringing your own blaster, please let a Referee know so we can check the fps. Anything over 90fps will not be allowed into our events.
7. Referees are the final call on hits. If a Referee tells you that you are out, you must comply. Do not argue with the Referee or you will be banned.
8. Only Nerf blasters (that shoots 7.2cm darts, no Mega or Vortex guns) are acceptable in our events. You may not bring BoomCo, BuzzBee or any other brand name guns into our events. These blasters are not compatible with the darts that we use. If you modify your gun, you must get it certified by the Referees. We have a wide age range so keeping the fps low will make sure that no kid gets hurt from the darts.*
*Rivals are only allowed when playing with players ages 10+. Rivals will not be allowed if there are younger players due to pain tolerance.
ZERO TOLERANCE for anyone who does not abide by the rules.
Banishment = don't ask to come again.
Filling out the form below acknowledges that you understand the Terms and Conditions from The Arena LLC.
Remember the main reason we are here: NERF WARS IS CREATED FOR THE KIDS TO HAVE FUN, WE AS ADULTS ARE THERE TO KEEP ORDER, HONOR, INTEGRITY AND RESPECT.
The Arena LLC
Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk, Indemnity,
and Consent to Live Recording
WARNING: READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS AND DEPRIVES YOU OF THE RIGHT TO SUE THE ARENA LLC AND OTHER PARTIES. DO NOT SIGN THIS AGREEMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE READ IT IN ITS ENTIRETY. SEEK THE ADVICE OF LEGAL COUNSEL IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ITS EFFECT.
IN CONSIDERATION FOR PLAYING, USING THE EQUIPMENT, AND PARTICIPATING in all live action shooter games, events, or activities with the Arena LLC (the “Arena”), including any of the Arena’s equipment and supplies, I ________________________________ hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the Arena, and agree, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, executors, next of kin and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge and agree that “live action shooter games” involve, but are not limited to, running, walking, jogging, diving, shooting, loading, kneeling, aiming, and any other activities related to playing or participating in the game (collectively the “Game Activities”), and entails known and unanticipated risks which include, without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis, and even death; loss or damage to property; accidents, illness, contact or collision with other participants, spectators, vehicles or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect field/court conditions; water, road and surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Arena; and other undefined harm or damage which may not be readily foreseeable, and other presently unknown risks and dangers (collectively “Risks”).
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all Risks of participating in the Game Activities. My participation in the Game Activities is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the Risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless THE ARENA LLC, its owners, members, managers, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, and representatives from any and all claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, loss or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any kind or nature which are in any way connected with my participation in the Game Activities or my use of the Arena’s equipment, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of the operators or referees of the Game Activities.
4. That being a PARTICIPANT or PLAYER in the live action shooter, and/or engaging in the Game Activities, are inherently potentially hazardous, risky, and dangerous and involve the risk of property damage and/or serious injury.
5. I certify that I have no mental, medical or physical conditions, which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume—and bear the cost of—all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
6. I hereby grant permission and consent, without expectation of compensation or other remuneration, now or in the future, for THE ARENA LLC to live record and photograph me or minor participant when applicable, and make recordings of my or minor participant’s voice during participation in the Game Activities. I further grant to the Arena and their representatives the right to reproduce, use, exhibit, display, broadcast, distribute, create derivative works, or use for advertising, all images and recordings in any media now known or later developed. I acknowledge that THE ARENA LLC owns all rights to the video(s), images, and recordings.
7. I hereby warrant that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of family members guardians, heirs, successors, assigns, legal or personal representatives, executors, and administrators), acknowledge that I have signed this Agreement freely and voluntarily, without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions, and provisions of this Agreement.
8. I certify that this Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement, and that if any portion of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portion shall remain in full force and effect.
I, THE UNDERSIGNED, HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE any and all claims, demands, and causes of action for damages that I may have at any time against the Arena for personal injuries or property damage that I may sustain in connection with the Game Activities.
Name: _______________________________ Signature: ______________________________
Parent’s or Guardian’s Release and Indemnity Agreement for Minor Children
I, the undersigned, have read and understand the Waiver/Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk, Indemnity, and Consent to Live Recording Agreement to which this agreement is attached and understand that the terms and definitions of the Agreement are incorporated herein by reference.
I, being the parent, guardian, or person having the care and custody of _______________________________ do hereby agree and consent that he/she may participate in the Game Activities. I further agree not to sue or cause to be sued The Arena LLC for any claim that may be related in any way to the use of the equipment and/or to participation in the game and its accompanying Game Activities. I FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE ARENA LLC FOR ANY SUCH CLAIMS.
I am aware that I am signing this document on behalf of said minor and understand the risks of injury and property damage relating to participating in the Game Activities. I am aware of the legal consequences of signing this document and agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions herein on behalf of the minor child. In the event my child (children) or minor(s) for whom I am responsible is (are) injured, I hereby give full permission to the Arena to provide appropriate care for such injury, including transportation to an appropriate medical facility and/or emergency services such as ambulance or rescue.
Parents / Guardian’s Signature: ______________________________________
Print Name: _____________________________________________________
Relationship to Minor Child: ________________________________________